Hello everyone, how are you all? I hope all of you are reading some lovely and exciting books!
Today’s post is a little different to things I’d usually post. I saw some really cool posts around Instagram that were called ‘Meet the Artist’, so I thought I would do this too! So, this post is about us becoming better acquainted! A lot of you may be relatively new followers of my blog, and you may not even know me that well! So, I hope by the end of this post, you’ll know me a little better. I hope you will give me the opportunity to get to know you too. Since I ramble a lot, doing this ‘Meet the Artist’ challenge was a way to convey myself more succinctly, which I’m definitely working on!
So, here’s my Meet The Artist:
For those of you who are not able to read the image, here is the text version:
Meet The Artist!
- I have black, shoulder-length hair.
- I wear glasses and I love glasses! I am a blind bat and I think I look weird without them.
- My left hand is doing an awkward wave because I can be super awkward at times.
- I don’t actually have this shirt but I wish I did – it’s a pink, slightly baggy pink top that has the hashtag #WNDB – which stands for We Need Diverse Books!
- I’m wearing jeans! I love my Uniqlo jeans and don’t know how I lived without them before I discovered them.
- My thighs are a wee thick, but I think that’s cool! I aspire to have strong and thicker quad muscles. 💛
- I wear comfie sports shoes 99% of the time because I have a chronic ankle. Otherwise, I’d probably be wearing heeled things more often.
- I love corgis! They’re my favourite dogs – in fact, animals! – in the WHOLE world. One of my dreams is to pet one.
- I love books and art – obviously.
- My favourite beverage is teh tarik, which is pulled tea! Sooo yummy and I prefer it over English tea.
- I like veges! Eating veges make me feel… good.
- I like nuance and acknowledging that things have nuance – I think the world is complex and people are so complex.
- I like weightlifting and HIIT (high intensity interval training)! I believe that hours of cardio have significantly less benefits compared to lifting heavy.
- RPG games are my loves! I especially love Final Fantasy, Dragon Age, and Undertale.
- I like my majors – Psychology and Sociology.
- I am a sucker for ice cream, especially chocolate ice cream!
- If I watch anime, I’ll choose slice of life anime any day. Favourite slice of life anime are Barakamon, Gin no Saji, and Little Witch Academia!
- And of course, I would not be where I am today without my family and friends. I am thankful for them.
- Nihilists, particularly ones that impose their nihilism on others or ridicule people that do find meaning in their lives.
- Arrogance – from anyone.
- Misanthropy, especially when misanthropists have an holier than thou attitude.
- Eurocentrism. Ugh.
- Inauthentic cuisine! I find it utterly frustrating when people take cultural dishes, give it a ‘Western flair’ (i.e. give it a stupid name), and then sell it for five times more than it would usually sell for. A restaurant I went to sold four pieces of youtiao (油条) for $18 and called it a ‘Chinese doughnut’. WHY.
In My Bag
- My phone (which I hope dies a natural death soon because I want a new one but I never buy new phones unless it breaks) – which always has an audiobook downloaded!
- My headphones
- Drink bottle! I get nervous if I don’t have one on me.
- Wallet (boring leather one)
- Sunnies (sunglasses) because New Zealand’s ozone has been obliterated.
- Keys and lipbalm; if I find out I don’t have the latter while I’m out, my lips will shrivel like prunes immediately.
But, enough about me. How about you? I thought I’d share some questions just to help you get started. Feel free to answer all, some, or none of them. If we don’t already know each other – hi, nice to meet you! I hope we can become friends. Please please don’t be shy to say hello – I promise I’m a nice person who loves talking to fellow bookworms!
Questions for you! ✨
- Hello! What’s your name, and what’s your favourite book?
- What are some of your hobbies – and yes! reading and blogging count as hobbies that I’d love to hear about!
- Do you have a book blog? What is it, so I can follow you?
- What are some of your likes and dislikes?
- What’s something that you must must must carry with you in your bag?
Well, that’s it! Regardless of whether you’re dropping a comment or just stopping by, I hope you have a lovely day!