Hi everyone! 😘 I am back!
I am so happy and so relieved to finally launch my blog’s new look. I worked super hard on this, and, for once, I finally feel like I’ve designed a blog look that is distinctly me. I hope you all like it, and I can’t wait to start blogging again.
My time away from my blog allowed me to think a lot about what sort of book blogger I wanted to be and what sort of content I wanted to produce. So, with this revamp, there will be some changes — and stay tuned, because there’s a giveaway as well!
What hasn’t changed
But, before going over what has changed, these are the things that will not change:
- I will still be reviewing books. Once again, I’ve fallen back on my backlog, so rather than tackling the backlog, I’ll prioritize newer book reviews first.
- I will continue to do my best and advocate for diversity in YA and MG books. That means I will prioritize reviewing and promoting diverse books.
- I will still be doing my Book Recommendations, and will be prioritizing recommending diverse books. As you can see in my new title, book recommendations will become a staple to my blog’s content as well as reviews.
- I’ll still be doing Monthly Recaps!
I’ve come to realize that I enjoy the first three things the most, so they will be the core things that make up Read Think Ponder.
Things I will no longer be doing
- I will no longer be doing Diversity Spotlight Thursdays. I really enjoyed doing this and I liked doing the weekly themes, but looking back at my blog’s old content, the Spotlight started to outweigh my reviews. So for a stranger visiting my blog for the first time, I want them to see reviews and book recs more.
- For a brief period, I did Festive Book Recommendations. Though I think it’s still a good idea, I need to take a step back and stop putting things on my plate. Though the page will stay up, I will be discontinuing this feature.
- I won’t be writing as many discussion posts anymore. In the past, I made an effort to write at least once a month, but I think my interests have shifted to art now. If I feel like I have to write about something, I will! Other than that, discussion posts will no longer be a big part of my blog.
- I will no longer be doing the art I’ve always done for reviews, such as the ones found on this page, as I would like to focus more on character art.
And now, for the more exciting stuff.
- I’ve created new post banners that fit my blog’s current look and theme! I’m really excited to share them, and I expect you’ll see them either on my Instagram or when I use them in my posts!
- I’ll be adding a feature called What I’m Reading – and it’s as the title suggests. I think this would be a great way for me to talk about books I am currently reading, what I think about them, and also gauge how others feel about it too. Furthermore, talking about books, even with simple posts, will give books more exposure! Whether this is weekly or fortnightly – I haven’t decided yet.
- I’ll be having a new feature called Art-ish Things (yes… I’m terrible with names). I hope to talk about what I’m drawing, fanart I love from other artists (hopefully!), WIPs, or anything art-related.
To celebrate my blog’s revamp (and to also celebrate my blog’s fourth anniversary last month and reaching 1500 followers on Twitter), I’ll be doing a giveaway! As much as I would have loved to giveaway books, I promise I’ll do a giveaway when I am not a student and employed again.
Instead, I will be giving away my art! ❤
Please bear with me while I go over the important guidelines and I do apologize that they are long.
- Two individuals winners will be chosen and each will receive ONE artwork done by me.
- Winners are chosen at random by Rafflecopter.
- The giveaway will end on the 20th July 2017 at 11:59PM NZT (New Zealand Time).
- Winners of the giveaway will be contacted by email addresses provided and/or Twitter. If no response is received within 48 hours, another winner will be selected at random. Winners must advise what they would like an artwork of before the 22nd July 2017, 11:59PM NZT (New Zealand Time).
- The artwork can either be a portrait of you or a character of your choice, and will have a plain coloured/simple patterned background.
- The artwork I draw for you is for your personal use only. You may not sell or reproduce my art or claim that it is yours. If it is possible to give credit or link to my Instagram, please do so.
- I reserve all rights to my art, and, with your permission, may share the artwork on my Instagram, Twitter, or this blog.
- I reserve the right to accept or decline your art request. I will not draw anything that is explicit, whether it be violent or sexual, in nature.
- If you do not like the first piece of artwork that I produce for you, I will redo the artwork once only. You may not use the artwork that you reject.
- By entering the giveaway, you accept and agree to all of these giveaway guidelines.
THIS GIVEAWAY HAS NOW ENDED. THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING!
Well, that’s it for today. What a post! I look forward to this new start to Read Think Ponder… I have a great great feeling about it.
Have a lovely day, everyone. ✨