Hello friends. I hope all of you are well, and, as always, that you are reading a delightful book.
Starting today, I will be going on an indefinite hiatus.
There are several reasons for this, so, without making this a terribly long post, I thought I would share them with you:
1. I need to focus on university and my research.
I think everyone can relate to this. I’m also conducting research, which is really cool and something I’m really excited about. As I enter June, I’ll be bringing all the data together and will be running analyses and writing up my results (which sounds like oodles of fun). I’ve also been let on that this research may offer great opportunities for me and team, so I want to do the best I can.
2. I want to revamp my blog.
I think my blog can be so much better than it currently is, so I am going to revamp it. I’ve talked to a few bloggers (you know who you are; thank you) and have come to the decision that revamping my blog will give me the energy that I need. However, because of #1, revamping won’t be in the cards for awhile or it will be a very slow process.
3. I want to focus more on my art.
I’ve started drawing more frequently now, and I’m really enjoying it and it has been very rewarding. I recently started an Instagram, and I’m going to be more active there! Follow me there if you’d like to see more of my art, follow me!
If I do return*, I want to make several changes:
- My blog’s look; I want to convey a more distinct identity.
- A completely new layout, maybe one that is more colourful but retains the pink that I love.
- I want to start sharing my art on my blog too, perhaps associated with books and their characters.
- I may incorporate more Psychology into my blog. Maybe I’ll do character profiles and a psychological analysis? That’d be fun.
- Spend one month where I just publish a ton of reviews and all my backlog. I want my blog to be more congruent with my recent reads.
*And if I don’t return:
It’s unlikely because blogging has been a part of my life for a long time. I’ve learned a lot from blogging and feel like I can continue learning. But… I may enjoy my hiatus a lot and maybe realize I don’t need to blog anymore. If this is the case, I’ll announce it somewhere. Maybe I’ll start an art blog and share my love for diverse books that way. We’ll see.
So, until my return, or non-return, I wish you all the best and I hope all of you have a lovely Summer/Winter.