I have a few tags and awards lined up, so it’s a relief that I can post one today! Thank you to all those who tagged/nominated me; you’re all beauties and I’ll get to them soon (I promise)!
- Thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
- Share 5 facts about yourself.
- Nominate some bloggers in return and notify them about their nomination.
- Keep the rules in your post to make it easy for everyone to know what to do.
My Five Facts! (Wherein I mask the fact that I am boring by trying to be interesting.)
1. Before entering the WordPress blogosphere, I ran a ‘site’ on Neopets (I’m no longer active; Neopets is too good of a time-sink for my own good). And today, I feel brave enough to share it with you all. It is called The Teahouse, and it was a tea-themed graphics site (with Neopets influences for obvious reasons) with a little host called Rica (a play on my Neopets alias). I loved running it, drawing up little graphics for people to use for free, and writing little stories for my site. Ah, the good ol’ days!
2. Aside from reading, exercising is probably the other thing that consumes most of my free time. I usually bicycle, run (in the summer time), and lift weights. Every so often I get fixated on a certain muscle groups that I want to grow more – last month it was my shoulders, this month it’s hamstrings. (I think next month will be my delts/back.)
3. When I read paper books, I keep a blank piece of paper as my bookmark. As I read, I record my thoughts and ideas on the piece of paper — themes, quotes, ideas, speculations, anything. It’s nice to look back after finishing the book and read all of your thoughts. (It helps with writing reviews, too!)
4. If I could be a bender from Avatar: The Last Airbender, I think I would be an Earth bender – even though being a Water bender would be really really cool. Whilst I’m on the topic of Avatar, my favourite season (of both series) would be Legend of Korra Season 4. That season blew me away.
5. I only buy books that I’ve read before and liked. I hate that feeling of disappointment and feeling cheated after purchasing a book, reading it, and discovering that I disliked it. (The book that instigated this self-imposed rule was The Hunger Games. Please don’t hate me.)
Phew, writing facts about yourself is hard.
Today, I nominate:
Aentee at Read at Midnight
Aentee writes thorough, readable, and incredible reviews, and she has great taste in books! (She’s introduced me to Red Rising, which I loved.) She’s also a talented graphics-maker, and her graphics are also gorgeous; I love looking through her blog because of them.
Jenna at Reading with Jenna
I haven’t been following Jenna for long, but I love reading through her reviews. They are eloquent, fantastically written, and I like how her voice shines through in her writing and how she addresses and talks about themes in her reviews. Also, she’s currently doing her PhD in Psychology — I hope to be like her one day!
Jessie at Books at Dawn
I haven’t talked to Jesse much, but I know that he’s a really nice person with these dreams of writing – and I think that is really, really awesome. His reviews are accessible and succinct with these creative, colourful headers that he’s made – it’s so clear that he has put a lot of effort into his blog, which is something that deserves recognition.
Lydia at 22 is still young adult
My goodness, I love reading Lydia’s reviews. They’re wonderfully structured, beautifully written, and I enjoy those little moments in her reviews when her voice really comes through, adding that extra-something to her writing. I’m looking forward to reading more of Lydia’s reviews. :)
Kelly at Dancing Through the Pages
I love that visiting Kelly’s blog is like getting a shot of her positive energy. I love that her blog comes from her passion of dancing and reading; it’s so awesome to see her personality in her blog. Plus, we both love Mulan – so that’s a bonus right there. c:
Trisha Ann at The Bookgasm
Trisha Ann is super sweet and really friendly, and her reviews are incredibly thorough and in-depth. She puts a lot of thought into her reviews, and how she addresses a wide range of elements of the books she reviews.
And now because this tag took so much longer than I expected (two hours; why am I such a slow writer?), it is past grandma’s bedtime. (As in, my bedtime. I am the grandma.)
Have a fantastic day everyone, and I hope you enjoy the books that you are reading!