Hello everyone! This is CW here!
Recently, Read, Think and Ponder was nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award. Shingie and I would like to thank Summer at Xingsings for nominating us! As Shingie said, we value the importance of diversity in blogging, so both of us are very privileged to have been nominated. Thank you, Summer!
As Shingie and I do not follow a lot of book blogs (or any sort of blog for that matter) here on WordPress, we unfortunately will not able to meet the first two rules of Summer’s award rules. Therefore, here is my version of the Versatile Blogger Award:
- I tag anyone who is following us and would like to participate. <3
- Please let us know if you are following our version of the Versatile Blogger Award by replying to this post! We would love to get to know you, and we would love to read your post!
- Share 10 random facts about yourself (the stranger and more unconventional the facts, the better)!
- Include your favourite quote at the end of your post!
As Shingie is busy with her college exams, she won’t be participating in today’s award. So, it’s just me! Here are 10 facts:
- I am currently working full-time, volunteering (and have been for the same organization for four years!), and developing a non-profit organization with five others that offers tutoring services to high school kids. 2015 has been quite a challenge so far – and very busy! – but I have learned a lot about myself.
- One of my dreams is to enter a field where I can be a mental health advocate for youth, especially minority youth, and promote awareness of social justice issues.
- I do a lot of cycling and weight training, and exercise everyday except Sunday.
- Growing up, I had really big self-esteem issues. In retrospect, my negative self-image was rooted to being surrounded by white/Western standards of beauty. It was only in my later years of university that I found others that struggled with the same problems, and that was when I could find the courage and confidence to love myself and see myself as beautiful, even if I don’t conform to those beauty standards.
- I played violin for 10 years and picked it up (after 3 years!) last week. I’m surprised I still remember how to play!
- Some of my favourite movies (I have many, so I’ll just name three) in no particular order are: Pacific Rim, Wolf Children, and Her.
- I don’t like coffee and do not drink coffee. But, I do like iced mochas.
- In a perfect world, I would dye my hair pastel pink. As a compromise, once I save up enough money I plan to dye my hair a dark crimson.
- This is my phone’s ringtone.
- I am an INFJ – and despite the criticism of the Myers-Briggs personality types; I am aware of it! – I strongly identify with this personality types, especially with my weaknesses.
Ah, this has been nice to write for a change! (Even though I never knew it was so hard to come up with 10 facts about myself…)
Thank you very much for reading, and have a lovely day! c:
And I’d choose you; in a hundred lifetimes, in a hundred worlds, in any version of reality, I’d find you and I’d choose you.
– The Chaos of Stars, Kiersten White