Happy New Year, everyone!
The good news is that I successfully finished my 2014 Goodreads Challenge, which was to read 75 books. I would say 2014 was a satisfying year of reading, and I hope 2015 will be even better.
In 2014, I found some new favourite books, namely:
- The Ask and the Answers by Patrick Ness
- Nocturnes: Five Stories of Music and Nightfall by Kazuo Ishiguro
- Hard-boiled Wonderland and the End of the World by Haruki Murakami
- Frankenstein by Mary Shirley
- The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
- Charm and Strange by Stephanie Kuehn
- Complicit by Stephanie Kuehn
- Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
And I finished a few book series too:
- The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins
- Under the Never Sky series by Veronica Rossi
- If I Stay series by Gayle Forman
This year, I hope to read more classics (maybe tackle a giant, like Moby Dick or The Count of Monte Cristo or something), read more non-fiction, or maybe make my way through the BusinessInsider’s ‘100 Books Everyone Should Read Before They Die’ list. Other than reading, my new year goals include maintaining my exercise regime (and hopefully develop some muscle!), try new things and explore more, find a balance between spending and enjoying myself, and prepare myself for postgraduate school. Needless to say, I am pretty optimistic about this year!
Bring on a new year of reading!